25 Club circular March 2 2022
Apologies to members but we have to announce two modifications to the 25 Club programme of events.
On the Saturday March 12, (Llandovery v Pontypridd) the free bar and buffet will start and finish half an hour earlier so that members can attend the unveiling of the Teras Arwel Adclad sign, in memory of the late and much loved Arwel Davies who tragically lost his life on July 8, 2021.
The bar will therefore open at 12 30 pm and a buffet will be served soon after, the hospitality ending at 2 00 pm so that members can pay their respects at the unveiling of the newsign.
In another change, we have had to move the end of season 25 Club Black Tie/Evening Dress Gala Dinner to Friday May 13 2022.
On the week end of Friday May 6 – Sunday May 8, Llandovery RFC is the home base for Rally Moto 500, an event that the club hosts annually when up to 200 bikers invade the clubhouse and town.
We ask members to confirm:
- a) Their attendance at the 12 30 – 2 00 pm buffet on March 12, with or without a guest
- b) That they will be coming to the Gala Dinner on Friday May 13 with or without a guest.
Please note that 25 club members can also invite more than one guest at a cost of £50 per person. Again, please let Gina know if there are to be extra guests in your party at a cost of £50 per person.
There will be a drinks reception at 7 00 pm followed at 7 30 pm by a three course meal and coffee plus all beverages on the night.
We are hoping that, as in 2019, there will be another question and answer session with coaches Euros Evans and Gareth Potter. There will also be a prize quiz on the night.
It would be much appreciated if members could let Gina know of their intentions as regards to March 12 and May 13 and, as a matter of particular urgency, March 12 to help with catering arrangements.
Programme of 25 club events remaining:-
– Saturday March 12, 12 30 – 2 00 pm. Hospitality before Llandovery v Pontypridd Cup match. First/last try competition in operation
– Saturday April 2, Llandovery v Cardiff. First/last try competition in operation
– Saturday April 30, Llandovery v Bridgend. First/last try competition in operation
– Friday May 13 Black Tie/Evening Dress Gala Dinner 7 00 pm for 7 30 pm.
— Huw S Thomas Rugby World Schools Editor 4 Maes y Coleg Llandovery Carms SA20 0HS 01550 720028 07866 553920